It seems like just yesterday that we were opening a new planner for the year 2022. And while it might feel like it all happened so fast, a whole year is filled with little moments that we probably wouldn’t even recall unless we sit down and reflect on them. By journalling about the big and small events of our year – the good and the not-so-good – we allow ourselves to enjoy the positive and the moments we are grateful for, and to set goals and intentions for the new year we are hoping for.
The holidays are a busy season but it’s important to slow down and open a space of mindful introspection just for you. To help you get started, here are some new journalling prompts to reflect on the year that’s ending and plan, dream and enjoy the anticipation of the year that’s beginning. There is no right way to do it; just remember to be honest and to be kind to yourself if your expectations set at the beginning of this year didn’t go as planned.
- What were your challenges this year?
- What do you need to leave behind from this year?
- What are your health goals for this coming year?
- What are your creative goals for this coming year?
- What are three lessons this year taught you?
- What are three things you would like to try next year?
- What qualities do you want to take from this year into next year?
- What was the nicest thing you did for someone this year?
- Who inspired you the most this year and why?
- What are you most proud of this year and why?
Check out all our prompts on the Paperblanks app! If you haven’t downloaded it yet, we’ve provided links on the bottom right of this page where you can gain access to hundreds of prompts on varying themes and topics.
And be sure to join us in our People of Paperblanks Facebook group so you can share your work with the rest of the Paperblanks community. We’d love to see what you write or create using these prompts!