There are countless creativity and therapeutic benefits to keeping a journal, many of which we have written about here on the Endpaper Blog. But if you’ve recently picked up a new journal and are having trouble finding the motivation to get writing, a quick and compelling list of reasons might be just the thing to jump start your journalling.
To help you put pen to paper, we have created just that – a short list of eight powerful reasons why you should begin journalling today.
8 Reasons To Write In a Journal
- It gives you a safe space to vent, without fear or of anyone overhearing or accidentally sending an email to the wrong person
- It’s an easy first step toward building healthy habits and developing the self-confidence that comes from following through on a goal
- Writing out the bad things that happen can help lower your overall trauma and stress, boosting both your mental and physical health
- By removing any possibility of an audience, you can authentically express your opinions, feelings and creativity
- There are fewer distractions than writing on a laptop, tablet or smartphone, allowing you to listen to your own thoughts
- Journalling about something that is troubling you (especially if you don’t feel comfortable talking about it), lessens the weight of the baggage you have been carrying through everyday life – you may find writing down not only lightens your internal burden but gives you the confidence to talk to someone about it
- You can collect compliments privately, giving you something to look back on and smile without worrying people will find you self-asborbed (it’s important to feel good about yourself!)
- The many benefits of taking class notes by hand apply to journal writing, too – you will process the information as you write it, meaning you are more likely to actually absorb those life lessons and learning experiences
Share Your Story
About Paperblanks: At Paperblanks, we believe that art should have a place in all aspects of life. That’s why we follow the artist’s way in everything we do – creating, crafting and releasing designs we believe have the power to touch people. For more about Paperblanks, go to our website at paperblanks.com.