“All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer… one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends, and delightful doing, come as near perfection as anything can come in this world.” – L.M. Montgomery
It’s hard to disagree with L.M. Montgomery’s sentiment. Summer, for many, is the happiest season of the year, a time to savour everything good life has to offer: longer and warmer days, ripe fruit, moments with friends and family. Whether you are experiencing nostalgia for your childhood when the school year was over or planning your next adventure, here are some prompts to get you in the summer spirit.
- What’s your favourite part about summer?
- Who is someone in your life you appreciate at the moment and would like to spend a summer afternoon with? Write to them.
- Three things you are looking forward to this summer are…
- What does a perfect summer day look like to you?
- What aspects of summer do you sometimes take for granted?
- How would you describe summer to an alien?
- What are some ways you can spend quality time with friends and family this summer?
- Choose an affirmation that feels right for summer.
- How does summer make you feel?
- What are some habits you would like to incorporate into your routine this summer?
- Write about your favourite tradition to mark the start of summer.
- Make a summer travel bucket list. Describe the things you would like to see, eat and experience in each place.
Check out all our prompts on the Paperblanks app! If you haven’t downloaded it yet, we’ve provided links on the bottom right of this page where you can gain access to hundreds of prompts on varying themes and topics.
And be sure to join us in our People of Paperblanks Facebook group so you can share your work with the rest of the Paperblanks community. We’d love to see what you write or create using these prompts!