Summer is officially here: the season of sun-kissed days, countless picnics, fresh slices of watermelon and afternoons spent barefoot. It’s the perfect time to grab your notebook or sketchbook and get outside, throw a blanket on the grass or the sand and soak it all up with each of your senses.
Whether you like to draw, sketch or write about summer, here are some prompts to get you started:
- The feeling of being barefoot on grass
- The experience of jumping in a lake on a warm day
- The taste of ripe fruit
- The scent of sunscreen
- The sensation of feeling sand in your toes
- The sound of the ice cream truck
- The tunes on your summer playlist
- The smell of freshly cut grass
- The feeling of ice cream dripping down your hand
- The smell of the barbeque grill firing up
Check out all our prompts on the Paperblanks app! If you haven’t downloaded it yet, we’ve provided links on the bottom right of this page where you can gain access to hundreds of prompts on varying themes and topics.
And be sure to join us in our People of Paperblanks Facebook group so you can share your work with the rest of the Paperblanks community. We’d love to see what you write or create using these prompts!