The calligraphy signing event we hosted last year at the New York Public Library was a success by all accounts. Calligraphic writing is the perfect complement to the old-world beauty of Paperblanks, and it was a delight to provide people with the opportunity to connect with trained calligraphers to receive a personal inscription in their journal.
This year we’re staging two signing events at the New York Public Library and the Huntington Library. For both events professional calligraphers will be on-site and available to sign Paperblanks journals bought by customers on the day of the event.
The New York Public Library Shop: Friday, April 26th, 2 – 5 pm.
The Huntington Bookstore & More: Saturday, May 4th, 2 – 5 pm.
- Karen Gorst: As a Calligrapher for more than 20 years and the President of the New York Society of Scribes for thee terms, Karen brings an in-depth knowledge of paper, ink and Medieval and Renaissance art techniques.
- Karen Charatan: For 30 years Karen has both created and taught Calligraphy and her work ranges from brush lettering to murals to sign design. She is also an abstract artist and has been showing at the Art of Ink exhibitions for 10 years.
- Anna Pinto: In addition to teaching Calligraphy in the Art Department of Long Island University in Brooklyn, Anna teaches workshops and is a board member of the New York’s Society of Scribes. You can also find her work in private collections at the libraries of Rutgers, Yale and San Francisco.
The Huntington Library Calligraphers
- Laura Mendoza: Laura’s recent work should prove a testament to her high quality and versatility – from Katy Perry Birthday “Save The Date” cards to Bulgari gala invitations – she is a truly talented Calligrapher and designer.
- Xandra Zamora: Xandra’s XYZ’s Designs hosts clients who are household names from Halle Berry to Tom Hanks & Rita Wilson and even Oprah Winfrey. You can also find her work in several wedding and instructional books.
- DeAnn Singh: DeAnn has been teaching Calligrapher for over 30 years and specializes in historical writing for film and television props. She is also a technical editor and art contributor to several Calligraphy and hand-lettering publications.
About Paperblanks®: We have been producing superb writing journals for twenty years. We are book people, and we believe that the written word matters and that our blank books have a critical role to play in the art and continued practice of writing itself. For more about Paperblanks®, go to our website at paperblanks.com.