As the year ends, it brings an opportunity to slow down and open a space to reflect on the days behind and set intentions for the year ahead. Whatever this holiday season looks like for you, allow yourself to carve out a little time for mindful introspection to bring respite from everything that is going on in the world and focus on your journal. Whether you are feeling gratitude, nostalgia, hope or grief, acknowledge those feelings and create space for them. And if your expectations set at the beginning of the year didn’t go as planned, remember to be kind to yourself.
Here are 12 new journalling prompts to help you get started:
- What is something I accomplished this year that I’m proud of?
- What am I grateful for this year?
- How have I showed up for myself/others this year?
- What were my favourite books, songs, movies, activities this year?
- What have I learned about myself this past year?
- Three of my best memories about this year are…
- Who have I felt most supported and safe with?
- What has my self-care looked like this year?
- What am I looking forward to this upcoming year?
- What are my hopes for the new year?
- What kind of person do I want to become next year?
- What feelings do I want to embrace next year?
Check out all our prompts on the Paperblanks app! If you haven’t downloaded it yet, we’ve provided links on the bottom right of this page where you can gain access to hundreds of prompts on varying themes and topics.
And be sure to join us in our People of Paperblanks Facebook group so you can share your work with the rest of the Paperblanks community. We’d love to see what you write or create using these prompts!