The bookmark is often taken for granted as the sidekick of a literary work of art. However, the history of these devices is inherently linked to that of books themselves, and over the years bookmarks have developed from simply being necessary placeholders to being pieces of art on their own merit. All of our Paperblanks® journals come with a simple, elegant ribbon to hold your page, but the bookmarks pictured below have really taken the craft to a whole new level.
1) “The Wicked Witch Bookmark” by Bohemian Earth Designs
2) The “Greenmarker” by Yuruliku
3) “Art Nouveau” bookmark series by Mirage Bookmarks
4) “Lady Actresses” by The Graphics Fairy
5) “Buchtisch” by Studio Voigt Dietrich
What type of bookmark do you prefer to use? Would you shell out big bucks for a beautiful placeholder or do you prefer a do-it-yourself project?